I would like to encourage you to take the 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge over at ReviveOurHearts.com. It’s very simple - just follow this link, check off the challenge you are signing up for, enter your information, and begin receiving daily encouragement emails instantly!!
Here’s why you should do this:
- Encouragement lifts your husband up!! You can make his day with just a simple act!
- Encouragement focuses your mind onto his needs, rather than your own selfishness.
- In doing this challenge, you will become acutely aware of every non-encouraging thought that enters or head (or word spoken out loud)!
Oddly enough, since I’ve started this challenge, I have struggled with my mood, my attitude, and my willingness to encourage. I don’t know if it’s Satan trying to discourage me from striving, hormones making me moody, or what…. but I’m going to try to combat all of that (through prayer) by continuing to strive to become a Godly wife! Please pray for me, and strive with me as we encourage and uplift our husbands!!
One of the requirements of this 30 day challenge is to tell someone else what you admire or appreciate about your husband. Well, I’ve done that on a few other posts already, but I’ll do a new one for today…..
- I love how helpful my husband is around the house! Today he has done the dishes - both from breakfast AND from lunch!! He has been working to declutter our CD area for the past hour or so, and does it all so willingly!
- I also love how talented he is… we are performing a skit for church tomorrow, and he memorizes and executes lines so quickly (way more so than I!). He is athletic and intelligent as well!
- I love how selfless my husband is. Last night he went to play paintball to celebrate the 13th birthday of a boy in our church, but a fire near the area they were going to play brought them back to the boy’s house. Instead of not playing at all, Jason volunteered to run around the back yard, acting as a moving target while the others shot at him. How sweet is that? (Crazy, too)
Okay, that’s all for now (short but sweet)! Leave a comment and let me know if you’re doing the 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge!!
Keep on Striving,