- “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.”
It was quite funny… I wrote this article Sunday evening, and sure enough, Sunday night Jason and I were about to go to sleep when he said, “Gosh, you’re SO ANNOYING!” and I had to laugh, because of the quote I had just found. Why did he say such a thing? Well, I was only trying to warm my icy-cold feet on his warm, bare legs…..
Okay, okay, so I’m sure we don’t want to annoy our husbands for the rest of our lives…. but I’m sure we all have those endearing qualities that make our husbands smile and shake their heads. You know what I’m talking about, right?
For me, it’s DANCING. If I want to embarrass my husband, all I have to do is dance a little! He is a naturally gifted dancer. Me, on the other hand….. well, I’m the one that will purposely make people laugh at me while dancing so they don’t realize just how bad I really am.
The other night, though, Jason & I were in a bit of a crazy mood, and we started a dance-off. (My idea of course). It ended with me doing the “Q-tip” dance…. totally blew him away with that one! (j/k) But then we moved into Praise-ercise (exercising to Praise music!), do-se-do-ing, hip-hop, and all crazy dance moves. We were rockin’ it. And it was the most fun I’d had in quite some time. Sooo, it made me think that it was high time I wrote another Top 10 list!!! This one is called:
Top 10 Reasons Why I’m SO Glad I Married My Best Friend
- He’s great to be goofy with
- He loves chick flicks just as much as me
- He lets me pick out the movies/tv shows we watch
- He’s my best shopping buddy/fashion consultant
- He always suggests ice cream for dessert, which is why I keep the freezer stocked!
- We’re equally matched at Rummikub, our FAVORITE game to play!
- Okay, I lied with #6, he lets me win a game so we can keep playing “best out of 3″
- He makes up awesome songs just to make me laugh
- He’s my favorite person to hang out with
- It would be totally awkward to do all these things with someone else, because what would be left to do with my husband? … THAT’s why I’m glad I’m MARRIED TO my BEST FRIEND!!
Okay, your turn!! I’m sure you have your own list of why you’re glad to be married to YOUR best friend, and I’m sure he would LOVE to hear it!! If you’d like, post it here… or on your own blog… or write it out and give it to him! (One friend of mine wrote a Top 10 list and sent it to her husband who is stationed overseas!)
Trust me…. he’ll love it! What husband WOULDN’T love an affirmation of why you’re glad to have married him?!
Keep on Striving,